Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Busy Month

My life has been a bit hectic lately....
Also my laptop died and I didn't get much computer time for a few weeks but that was a good thing actually. I weaned myself from my addiction....hehe....
I've been doing great with the boys' schoolwork and I've gotten some Christmas shopping finished. Doctor visits have been keeping me busy between my parents, my aunt, and my boys. Last Tuesday we took Michael up to Children's for an orthopedic visit and we found out that not only does he have scoliosis, but he also has kyphosis which means he has a slight case of being hunchbacked. Since he's probably finished growing the doctor says there's a good chance that it won't get any worse now but it's still possible, so he has to be checked every six months. He also is going to start physical therapy to strengthen his back. They also found that his left leg is shorter than his right leg so he needs a shoe lift.
I'm hoping and praying that it won't get worse because the surgery for it is nasty.

My sister-in-law's mother died last week so on Thursday and Friday Mark and I and my youngest brother went to Chicago for the funeral which felt like a whirlwind two days.

My dad's ex-wife died two weeks ago and so now my parents are going to look into seeing if they can be married in the Church. This would be awesome and I'm praying that it is possible. Any prayers you could send their way would be greatly appreciated. My dad is not Catholic but my mom is, and she has been away from the sacraments for 57 years, though she has always gone to Sunday Mass and has raised all of us in the faith. That my mother could someday come back to the sacraments has been my prayer for a long time...

My darlin' daughter closed on her condo last Monday and has gradually been moving in, having her furniture delivered, her security system installed, and such. Last night we went out to dinner for her birthday after I sang my first solo cantoring at the Vigil Mass, (boy was I nervous!) and then she came home and took some of her clothes and left to spend her first night in her condo. I was trying not to cry and thought I was doing a good job, and after she went out the door, the tears came. I hadn't fooled her however, and she came back in and gave me a hug and we cried together.
Mark and I watched her drive off, and even though she is only five minutes away, we both felt the pain of the loss. I kept thinking about how we waited almost 9 years for her to come into our lives; how she had been the answer to our prayers for a baby and I couldn't believe how quickly those years have gone....
She had to work a 12 hour shift today so we haven't seen her and it's so strange to think that she won't be coming home tonight. How difficult it is to let them go.... my mother's heart is aching a bit tonight...

However, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving this week....I absolutely love this holiday.... and she will be at Thanksgiving dinner with us and I know that I will get used to this stage in my life. I am so thankful that she is nearby and I know that we will still see her often.

A blessed peaceful week to all....

No comments: