Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Good and the Bad

I've been battling a nasty cold for two weeks now. I ended up going to the doctor today. The last few days my face has started to hurt under my eye, getting worse, and this morning I woke up with what looks like pink eye, so that was the final straw.
I have sinusitis which didn't surprise me and the eye is irritated because of that, he said.
So I have a nice antibiotic to take for the next week. I actually don't feel that bad...just some pain and pressure in my face. He gave me a heavy-duty antibiotic which he says should clear it up rapidly. That's the good news....
The bad news was that my blood pressure was high....160/80. The nurse took it three times.
The doctor says that it could be a bit elevated because of my infection, so he wants me to come back in a week and have it checked again. Then if it's still high, we'll discuss medication. Yuck...
Think I could lose 20 lbs. this week?
Ironically, I had decided this week that I'm going to make a major effort to lose some weight. This is definitely going to be motivation to work on that more.
Right now all I can think about is that all of the people I've known who have taken medicine for their blood pressure are/were old and that idea isn't exactly appealing...
Perhaps the dear Lord used this old sinus infection to get me to the doctor.
God is good, always....

A blessed Thursday to all....

No comments: