Thursday, May 21, 2009

Living in my Car

Yesterday, it felt as if I spent most of my day in the car.
I was up early and did a few things around here. The boys and I headed to noon Mass and afterwards Michael went to a friend's house for some schoolwork and John and I met Beth for lunch at Chipotles. After that, I went to my aunt's to pay her bills. When I arrived there, I discovered that she was almost out of food in her house. I always have to probe for this because she doesn't want to "bother" me. All she had left was a box of cereal and a little milk. Drives me crazy when she does this....
So she wrote up a list for me and I went to the grocery store for her. I stayed and chatted with her for a while because I know how lonely she is.
Next it was off to the post office to mail her checks. Then I had to pick up Michael from his friend's house and drop off some of his other friends at their homes. We went back for about 25 minutes and then I took Michael to get something to eat and drove him to driver's ed. Yes, my Michael is now driving. I went back home for about 15 minutes and then I went to get my hair cut. I was home about 20 minutes and then Mark and I took John to the youth group's music practice. Mark and I went out for a nice dinner (our first out together in ages). We were just paying our bill when John called to be picked up. We went back to pick him up and then we drove over to Michael's driver's ed class and picked him up. We arrived home in time for Mark and I to take a walk just before it grew dark...it had been a beautiful day here (and is again today). Afterwards, we came home and watched the rest of the Reds game and then off to bed.
I was so busy that the only time I had to call Will for his birthday (he turned 27 yesterday) was when I was in the car between dropping off Michael at driver's ed and going to my hair appointment.
Today promises to be just as crazy....
And through this all I am battling my early summer blues that I have been getting every year for the last 3 or 4 years and I don't know why...

A blessed day to all of you.....

No comments: