Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside....

We're having a cold morning here....the temperature is 6 degrees below zero with the wind chill making it feel even colder. But the sun is shining and that helps me feel cheerier. I am cringing thinking about our electric bill....

I read a magazine called Faith and Family and they usually have a story every month about how a couple saves their distressed marriage. They're always written from the perspective of our faith. This month's story talks about a young couple with three children struggling with wanting to divorce and the wife goes to talk to her parish priest. These are the words he said to her and they are so true that I wanted to write them here to save them in case I ever need to say them to someone....."Divorce is when parents give up and lay down their crosses and their children have to pick the crosses up and carry them". Wow....that is so true....my brother and his first wife divorced when their son was 17, and even then it had a great impact on him. He's 35 years old now and he still says that he hates being from a broken home. He understands the circumstances, and his mother drives him crazy, but he still hates the fact that his parents aren't together; that his parents don't love each other. The wound goes deep....

I am so grateful for a stable, loving marriage. Mark's not perfect, and I am far from it but our kids know we love each other even when we've had our occasional arguments. We laugh because every time Mark and I are getting a little affectionate with each other in front of the kids, Michael yells "Get a room!" hehe....and we just tell him to be grateful that we're still together and Mark does something to flourish it up a bit more just to make him sputter and mumble some more.

Believe it or not, we still have our Christmas tree up. We've been taking decorations down, a little at a time each day this week and tomorrow we'll work on the tree and finish it up. Next week is going to be crazy with our trip to Washington for the March for Life, so I know I need to finish it all up this weekend.

Please say a little prayer for me....my heart is aching a bit right now over a certain situation in my life. Have you ever wondered what actually causes the physical discomfort and tightness in your chest when you're feeling sad? I have...no wonder they call it heartache...

A blessed Friday to all ....may our dear Lord's love ever warm your heart and soul....

No comments: