Saturday, May 17, 2008

His Security Blanket

I had to smile about Michael yesterday....
Our Catholic community had our 40 Hours Eucharistic Adoration campout these last two days. It started Thursday night, but we couldn't go then because Mark had to work Friday. He had scheduled it off, but things happened and he couldn't take the vacation day.
Yesterday morning, one of our friends was going to the campout and offered to take our boys so they could enjoy the day there. They were eager to go...
So I sent them off and Beth and I had a day without the boys. I went to a funeral in the morning and then Beth and I went out for lunch and a little shopping. Twice during the day Michael called me...."I miss you, Mom". I had to smile. This is the cool 15 year old son who acts like he barely knows me in public. Then later in the afternoon, he called again while Mark and I were driving there (it's 70 miles from our home). "Aren't you going to be here for dinner?" and once again I had to smile.
Of course, after being told that I was missed, and wanting us there for dinner, when we did arrive, he was his normal cool self.
Later, when no one was around, he admitted once again that he had missed me...
Guess I'll just have to settle for private affection....hehe.....

No comments: