Thursday, May 29, 2008

Random Thoughts

I took Will and my boys out to lunch today. We went to this little Greek restaurant that serves the best gyros in Cincinnati, and the woman who runs it with her husband came over to the table to talk to us. She looked at the boys and then pointed to Michael and asked me if he was my son. I answered yes. Then she looked at John and asked if he was my son. I said yes again. I was waiting for her to ask about Will, but she didn't. Then she just said that she knew they were my sons because we had the same eyes. I just smiled and laughed inside. One of those little moments we adoptive moms appreciate. After she walked away, Will said that she didn't ask me about him because she probably thought that I wasn't old enough to be his mom.....I just laughed and said I hadn't thought of that! Of course, I am old enough....my Anthony would have been four months older than Will. But I must admit that I like the thought of looking too young....hehe....
Life is funny sometimes.

Tuesday I went to see my parents and my mom was so happy to see us....she gave us all big hugs and told us how glad she was that we were back home. Mother love is awesome....

Every time Mark is away for business, I find myself thinking about what it would be like to be widowed. Awful...
I don't think about it much through the day but when dinnertime comes, I find myself waiting for him to come home and then bedtime is the worst. I laid awake for a while last night thinking how it will feel someday when the kids are grown and if I'm widowed....I've never lived alone before. I went straight from living at home to being married at age 20.
I guess if that day comes, I will pray even more....
In a few hours, he should be home again...

A blessed Thursday to all.....

No comments: