Sunday, July 13, 2008

One Party Down....

First party down....
The first party went well....the rain held off until about 11 o'clock so they were outside for a long time. Everyone left by 1:15 and then Mark, Beth, and I stayed up for a while cleaning up. I got to bed about 2:30 and I was exhausted, but I couldn't sleep. Someone dear to my heart is going through a tough time, and the dear Lord is letting me share this person's pain a bit. I started feeling it about Thursday and it grew stronger on Friday and has carried through to today. It's an interior thing....you wouldn't be able to tell if you spoke to me because I'm managing (for the most part!) to remain outwardly cheerful.
But when this happens, it makes me pray for the person more...I only hope that it is helpful somehow.
So anyway, I couldn't sleep; there were so many thoughts and feelings swirling through my mind, so about 3:30 I got back up and wrote this person an email and went back to bed. I still laid awake until about 4:30, but I did manage to get a few hours of sleep...thankfully!!
What is even better is that so far today the weather is beautiful. All week they had kept predicting rain for today but it rained through the night and now the sky is blue and the sun is shining. They still are saying that we could get some isolated showers this afternoon, but I'm praying we don't. We have those 40 teens coming around 3 PM for the cast party and I really would like them to be able to spend a good part of it outside.
I'm off to make a bunch of food....
I will be grateful when this party is over, but I must admit there is some satisfaction in throwing parties. I enjoy it in many ways, especially with our group of friends. They are always so gracious and thankful and it makes it a joy to entertain and feed them.

A blessed, peaceful Sunday to all....may you be filled with His grace-filled joy....

No comments: