Friday, July 11, 2008

Crazy Days of Summer

Sometimes I can't believe how one little sentence uttered to me can bother me so much. Somebody said something to me yesterday, and after we parted company, Michael looked at me and said "Ouch!"
I responded to Michael by saying that the person hadn't realized how it sounded and that we shouldn't take it as an insult, but it's still nagging at me a bit today and honestly, it's ruining the whole mood of my day. I keep telling myself to fluff it off, but it's back there lurking, smiling it's nasty little grin at me. Silly me....
I'm going to try to get to Adoration this evening....perhaps I can dump my hurt there...

You would think that with the weekend we have coming up that I wouldn't have time to think about anything else. I'm having two big parties here again this weekend. Saturday night Beth is having a couples' shower for Steve's brother and his fiance who are getting married in four weeks(Beth is a bridesmaid), and on Sunday we're having the cast costume party for the play that our boys are going to be in for the Bible Institute at the end of the month. The play is a futuristic rendition of the book of Judith.
The costume party is when the kids and some of the moms all come to our house and work on the costumes for the play and we serve them all dinner. The only thing I'm really worried about is that they keep calling for rain on those days, especially Sunday, and forty or so teens in my house for 6 hours is a bit daunting. Hopefully, the dear Lord will have pity on me and spare us the rain...

Off to do something useful...hehe...hope all of you are having a blessed Friday....

No comments: