Friday, September 5, 2008

I've had a busy week and one where the dear Lord has been working on my heart....always humbling.

On Tuesday, Michael had his first day of high school co-op for the year. Since it was Mark's birthday, John and I went downtown and went to noon Mass with Mark and then out to lunch. After lunch we drove to his piano lesson, then had to drive to the co-op to pick up the carpool and deliver everyone home. By the time we arrived home, it was 4:30 and I was in desperate need of a nap but instead I made a blueberry cobbler for Mark....his favorite.
We went out to dinner with my parents and had dessert at their house. I was really tired and flopped into bed by 11...definitely different for me!
Wednesday I was busy with school, noon Mass, and then after dinner Beth had a soccer game. This team she played against is always annoying. The goalie is always nasty. This time every chance she could, she would kick Beth in the leg (on purpose). Once when Beth was tripped trying to take a shot, the goalie came up and stomped on her calf...a bit painful when she's wearing a soccer cleat! Beth has a huge bruise and lump on her leg. Another of Beth's teammates also had her leg stomped on by this same goalie. She ended up needing crutches. Another girl was knocked down and had her arm fractured. This team is crazy and they almost always manage to do it in a way that the refs don't see and so they get away with it. Very frustrating. Unfortunately, Beth's team lost 1-0.
Oh well....
Thursday was a busy day with school, Mass, errands, visiting with my parents, our monthly confession time, and the local Harvest Home Parade. It's a family tradition that we attend....it marks the end of summer and the beginning of fall for me. Afterwards, we all went out for a late dinner and then home to bed.

Today has been a busy day of school, Mass, and Adoration tonight...always a blessing.

I've learned a few things about myself this week...the hard, humbling way. I had a long talk with Father in confession and as always, he gave me good advice. It's going to be difficult to follow in many ways, but I know I must. I know I can't do it alone....I need to rely on His grace and strength.
God is good, always.....

A blessed weekend to all.....

No comments: