Thursday, September 11, 2008

Randomness

I've been very busy all week trying to keep things going around here and do a good job homeschooling. I've also just haven't had the inclination to write anything, if you know what I mean.
Two little random thoughts....
After Mass on Monday morning, as we were walking out of church, an older lady stopped Michael and asked him his name. With a puzzled look on his face, he told her and she replied that she wanted his name so that she could pray for him. He very nicely told her thank you. The look he gave me as we walked out was so funny, that I almost laughed out loud. He said it made him nervous. I told him that I liked the thought that a devout older lady would be praying for him.
And I do....

Have you ever met someone who just can't remember your name? There's a woman I've known for several years now. She's in our community and is in her 40's. She can never remember my name. It's become a joke between us when I see her now. She seriously can't remember it. She says I don't look like a "Barb", I look like a "Kathy" to her, so she wants to call me Kathy though she knows it's not my name. She was at noon Mass yesterday and she came out and once again, she couldn't remember, so one of my other friends said Barb before I could say anything. We laughed and my other friend said that for a long time, she kept wanting to call me Karen. She doesn't think that I look like a "Barb" either.
Too funny...I don't look like my name, it seems.

Off to the craziness of my life...
A blessed Thursday to all.....may you be ever mindful of His everlasting love....

No comments: