Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Big Day

Big day today....
I've already voted absentee and I'm glad because the pictures on television of people lining up to wait to vote are unbelievable. I used to work in the polls with my mom (I always got stuck being presiding judge too) and I am looking at these lines and I'm so glad that I'm not working. Anytime there was a line, people would be in bad humor by the time they reached you, and the poor workers would always get the brunt of their anger.
I spent a bit of time in church yesterday praying. The boys and I went to 8 AM Mass. Then John and I went in the afternoon while our parish was having Eucharistic Adoration for the election and Mark and I went last night for a while. We were the only ones there and we prayed a rosary together for our country.
May our dear Lord have mercy on us all....

Tonight is a big game for Beth....the semifinals for the conference tournament. If they win, they move on to the conference finals on Saturday. If they lose, it will be Beth's last soccer game and will be very emotional.
Beth has had a big week. After last week's big win, she was named to ESPN Magazine's Academic All-District's First Team. This is for academic excellence (she has a 3.8 GPA) and for excellence in soccer. This puts her in the running for All-American. She was also named her conference's Player of the Week again for her game-winning goal last week.
Tonight will be a big night around here. We will come home from her game to watch the election results. I hope that I'm not as tired as I have been these last two evenings. I guess it has something to do with the time change, but both nights I've been ready to go to bed before 10 which is rare for me. I'm usually a night owl. Last night I was asleep by 11 and I didn't get up until 8 this morning...

A blessed Tuesday to all....may you be comforted by His loving presence....

No comments: