Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend

This Thanksgiving weekend has been wonderful.....
The weather for the last three days was absolutely beautiful until today with rain and snow coming later.
Last night, as the sun was setting, there was a beautiful crescent moon with Jupiter and Venus close by to each other. Awesome sight indeed....tomorrow night, they're supposed to be all very close together, but it's supposed to be snowing here, so I don't think I'll get to see it.
Thanksgiving Day went beautifully and dinner was a hit. I used the old china and after everyone left at 10, Mark and I washed it all up and put it away. Happy day...
Friday we went downtown to noon Mass and then out to lunch and to the train display at Duke Energy (where Mark works). A family tradition for us. Friday night, Mark, John, and I went to Adoration and then out to a coffee-ice cream-shop with friends. Another pleasant day.
Yesterday, I spent doing things around here all day. Then Mark and I went out to do some Christmas shopping and a late dinner. After we returned home, we sat up with Beth watching a movie.
Today is a rainy one....
We went to 11 AM Mass, out to lunch and then back home. Beth baked Christmas cookies while I kept Will updated on the Bengals' game....another loss! Will and his friends are driving home from Omaha today. They borrowed my minivan, so I'm going to be up waiting for them to come home. The weather has been bad for them...driving through snow in Iowa. They are two hours behind their usual time and traffic is still very slow, he's texted to me, so I know I'm in for a late night. The weather is supposed to turn to snow here later.
But I would rather have him back late as longs as he stays safe. I've been praying for them all day...

Advent begins....I absolutely love this time of year....

A blessed, peaceful first Sunday of Advent to you all......

No comments: