Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Mixed Weekend

Beth's team did themselves proud. They did lose, but it was 1-0 in double overtime. They held them off all through regulation play and through the first overtime. The parents from the other team were shocked and the coach from the other team told our girls that they were all surprised. They had expected it to be an easy win. Our girls played with a lot of heart.
Beth's foot caused her a lot of pain, but she stuck it out and played all 103 minutes of the game. She and I both cried at the end. We had begun to hope that we were going to get a little miracle and pull off an upset, and it didn't happen. But mainly it was because it was her last game ever...

She rode home with the team on the bus and she and I kept texting each other throughout the seven hours. I knew she was depressed and it was a bit depressing to me also. The weather on the way home was terrible too. We drove through rain the whole time and after dark, it began to be foggy in some places and the glare on the wet road was terrible....a bit stressful.

We had left to go to Michigan on Thursday afternoon. We stopped for dinner in Anderson, IN and as we were leaving, a beautiful full moon was rising. I was able to enjoy its beauty for the next few hours....its light shimmering on all the little lakes and ponds we saw on the way. I said my rosary in the car and it dawned on me then that it was my normal evening for going to Adoration alone and this feeling of longing to go just overwhelmed my soul. The desire to be with our dear Lord filled my heart....

Yesterday, Beth and I spent most of the day shopping. Her birthday is on Wednesday, so I said we could shop for her birthday and do some Christmas shopping. I asked Mark to pray for me before we left....I absolutely loathe most malls. I always sense evil there....
We spent most of the time in Macy's which wasn't too bad, but when we were out in the mall, I felt it. The music is always unnerving to me, even the so-called Christmas music they were playing...music with no beauty. Disturbing to my soul....

Today we went to 11AM Mass and then to churchhome this afternoon....a blessed time....a peaceful day.

I hope and pray that all of you had a blessed Sunday....filled with the gift of His joy....

1 comment:

jordin said...

Way to go Beth!!!

I also loathe 'holiday' music... it's a holiday to celebrate the birth of our Saviour.

Oh well, you made it out alive!