Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception

A blessed Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of our dear Blessed Mother to all....

Isn't that a mouthful? hehe...

Twenty-two years ago today we brought our Beth home. They called us early on Friday the 5th to let us know that we had a beautiful baby girl and we spent the weekend in a mad dash to get ready. Then early Monday morning on this glorious feast day we went to claim our precious new daughter. I was sooooo nervous and happy and scared all at the same time. Our social worker when we adopted Beth was a bit formidable at first but once we came to know her, I really liked her. She was the social worker we dealt with for Beth and Michael....and I wish we could have had her when we adopted John. Life would have been so much better that year.

It was raining that day and we're having rain today too but this time it's freezing rain....lovely! I'm hoping that the temperature goes up enough that it isn't too bad driving to go to noon Mass. I'm taking a break from school today for the holy day. Michael's co-op was switched from today until tomorrow so I'm resting up today. I'm not feeling my best...I think I'm fighting off a cold. I had a million plans for what I wanted to do today but I think I'm going to take things at a slow pace instead. I guess God had other plans for my day.

Here is the prayer from the Magnificat's Advent Companion for today. I wanted to share....

"Blessed Virgin Mary, Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, sustain my efforts to persevere in the good. Obtain the grace for me to flee the horror of sin and to embrace the good of virture. Help me to remain always united with you, my loving Mother and Immaculate Queen."

A blessed day to all.....

No comments: