Sunday, March 22, 2009

Beautiful spring...

It was a beautiful weekend here...very springlike. In fact my 88 year old father was out plowing the garden today. Every fall he says that he's not going to garden next year and every spring the planting bug bites him and he is out in the garden. I will be so sad the year it doesn't happen....

Mark painted our bathroom ceiling and prepared the walls for painting. Then he began work on stripping the wallpaper in our kitchen. He knew that he had to begin it....I just couldn't bear to start tearing off the paper. It's been on the walls for 19 years, but I still like it...I'm not tired of it. But I know it has to come down...it is getting dirty and torn and it looks old. It's definitely going to be a long, slow job, but I know that it will look nice when we're finished with it all. I'm still trying to decide what color to paint it.

Less time on the internet has definitely resulted in more schoolwork and housework finished and I like it. I'm definitely going to have to stick to this routine when Lent is over. I keep telling myself that when it's summertime and I'm only doing minimum school, I will be able to get lots of little projects finished. I'm just hoping that my summer blues don't strike this year....they have the last several summers and it's been difficult to get what I want accomplished. I'm going to make more effort to work through it if it happens again.

I've been thinking a lot about time....the Lord is putting it on my heart in a big way lately. It's so easy to fall into the thought that our time is our own. I have to keep reminding myself that every moment of my life is a gift to me from God and I want to use it the way He wills me to use it...that is what will give me the most peace. I have definitely felt a difference about it on the days that I have strived to use it to the best. What quiet joy and blessed satisfaction it brings!

I hope you all have had a peaceful, holy Sunday....filled with His wondrous grace....

No comments: