Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm back again....

Wow... I haven't updated in ten days....I have never gone that long. I have been spending less time on the internet and it is helping me to accomplish more, but I do miss updating. By the time I'm finished with everything and have time to get on here, I end up reading things and not posting. I'm forcing myself tonight.

The singing at Mass last week went very well. We were a hit! They want us to do it more often...the music director already is plotting to have us sing together at the Christmas Mass. I must admit that it felt so different to not be in a pew for Mass...I almost felt as if I had missed it. My sister says that that feeling will wear off the more often I do it.

We have begun to have some spring weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 70 degrees...makes it difficult to do school, but we manage because I'm determined to get it finished!
I've had a whole new appreciation lately for the setting of our home. When I had the shower for Will's sister several weeks ago, I overheard several of the women who had never been to my home before, comment on the great views out our windows. I guess it's one of those things that I've grown up with and am used to, and it gave me a whole new appreciation for the blessing it is to be able to live on the family farm. I'll have to take some pictures soon and show you all...

I'm also getting ready to start doing some painting and redecorating in our kitchen and master bath. We did our bedroom two years ago, but have never finished our bathroom, so it is next on the list. Mark and I went out and bought paint tonight and I also picked up some paint chip samples to pick a color to paint our kitchen. We haven't done anything to our kitchen since we first decorated it 19 years ago when we built our house. The wallpaper is beginning to be in bad shape and our vinyl floor is in terrible shape. I never dreamed when we built the house that I would be homeschooling and that we would literally spend most of our day in the kitchen. The floor under the kitchen table is especially bad, so after we take down the wallpaper and paint, we will be replacing that too. I bought new curtains for my windows and would also like to get a new counter top. I'm hoping to get it finished before we have Beth's graduation party at the end of May.

I will try to update more frequently this week....I hope and pray that all of you are having a blessed Lenten season...

1 comment:

jordin said...

I would love to see a view from your window!!!

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well!!!