Wednesday, February 4, 2009

In an instant

I was reading some blogs last night after my last post and I was saddened to read of the death of Amy Welborn's husband. I don't know how many of you have read her blog but she's been around a long time and she and her husband Michael Dubruiel are both speakers and authors of Catholic books.
He had just turned 50 several months ago and was working out at the gym when he had a heart attack and died. They have 5 children, aged 26 to 4, and I just laid awake for a long time last night thinking how devastated she must be feeling. I'm sure she's feeling like she's living in a nightmare she wishes she could wake up from.
It makes you think again about how quickly live can be over and how our circumstances can change in an instant. Here is a man who seemed to be in good physical shape, younger than myself, and he's gone without warning.
May our dear Lord have mercy on his soul and grant him eternal rest and may He comfort his wife and children and surround them with His peace and strength....

No comments: